Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Gold Digger I'm Not

I was just reminiscing today because it's my youngest's 40th birthday. I don't know how he got that old since I feel about 24 myself. But my happiest memory about the day Dave was born is that his father, a distinctly unsentimental MIT educated engineer, stopped his car on the highway and picked a huge bouquet of daisies to bring to the hospital. The dad is my "ex" now (with all the history that exhood entails) but that impromptu and inexpensive gesture still warms my heart.

Hubby number two has given me some extravagant bling but my favorite piece of jewelry is a necklace he had a Vineyard artist make with shells he had combed from the beach at Punta Piedra on Isla Mujeres. That treasure brought me to tears.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! And even more so because of your husband taking the time to collect the shells & have it made!

    ReplyDelete